Sunday, January 1, 2012

Soaring on a Sunday


Soaring over San Diego

Happy New Year and thanks for visiting Soaring over San Diego! It's a New Year and we'll continue to Soar over San Diego and other great local Southern California places. 

As I write this on a beautiful, clear skies morning I'm so very thankful that my family moved down here 6 years ago. I had visited San Diego periodically when I lived in San Bernardino and Riverside counties but never imagined the wonderful diversity of activities, interesting businesses (farms, home businesses), and family oriented places to go in San Diego. As unschoolers we are free during our weeks to go and explore all that San Diego has to offer. As part of a large unschooling/homeschooling group, called the San Diego Funschoolers I often discover interesting places for homeschoolers to go to and set up field trips for our large and diverse group. We have new born babies up to 18 year olds in our group. We meet all over San Diego county and oftentimes take road trips to other great places in Southern California. I really enjoy sharing those places with you, our readers. Some weeks are quiet for us and we like to stay home and enjoy being together, doing various home-related activities, reading, crafting, baking, cooking, gaming, creating. It's a truly wonderful life that we have. Recently, I've had several friends that have had difficult times and my heart goes out to them. Our community has really pulled together and supported and been there for our friends. It is my hope that this New Year brings health, renewed strengths, hope and lots of love!


While I've really enjoyed writing and sharing these places with you, I'd really love to have more guest bloggers and input on what you'd like to see here at SOSD. If you'd like to guest blog about somewhere you've visited in San Diego recently or an exhibit or special event that is going on, please email me at mandaroo63@yahoo.com. Also, please come join us on our weekly feature, Soar and Explore, on Fridays. Just submit a photo of a place you've been, it can be anywhere in San Diego....a local park, your neighborhood, or one of the many great attractions that we have in San Diego. It's great to share these places with friends, oftentimes somewhere we might not have even have heard about! You're also welcome to join us on Facebook.  Frequent updates on current and upcoming events are posted there.

Thanks again for joining us. Have a wonderful 2012!

Keep Soaring and landing safely

in beautiful, sunny

San Diego!

Your Soaring Mama,

Mandy

2 comments: