Monday, March 21, 2011

Desert Flowers at Palm Canyon, Anza Borrego

DSC_0078

Two lovely, unschooling lady friends of mine and I planned a photo-taking trip out to Anza Borrego to see the wildflowers in bloom. Up to the last day I really wasn't sure if we'd see very many, as last year I made it too late and didn't see many at all (but did see a lot of caterpillars and visited the awesome nature center!). But, oh, were we lucky! Beautiful wildflowers everywhere! The ocotillos were in bloom as well as many low laying desert wildflowers throughout the Anza Borrego campground area. We had headed out early and decided to do the 3 mile round trip hike up to Palm Canyon. I now know for sure why it's called Palm Canyon. So amazing and a bit unusual to see these magnificent palms at the end of our journey, at the end of trail.

Palms at Palm Canyon

The jutting rocks with bursts of yellow wildflowers shooting out like fireworks was so magnificent to see while hiking up the Palm Canyon.

DSC_0090

I think the ocotillos will always be my favorite though.....

DSC_0057

More photos from the day can be found here. If you'd like to make a trip out to Anza I recommend checking out the wildflowers report here.

Happy Soaring!

Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment